This is perfect for the months when we experience a lot of rain (when do we ever not?!?)
What you need:
– Empty drinks bottle
– Pen for marking
– Things to decorate the bottle with
What you need to do:
– Cut the top of the bottle (see photo)
– Mark the sides at intervals using your ruler for accuracy (or just guess depending on serious your toddler is taking it!)
– Decorate the bottle using stickers/sparkles/glitters/whatever you like!
– Find suitable place for water gauge outside. NB: You may need to weigh it down initially. We had several false starts when ours blew away in the bad weather!