I was very surprised when I found out that Anne at Is Anyone There? had given me the Beautiful Blogger Award. It’s my first blog related award so I’m pleased to be able to receive it and pass it on, thank you!
So, in order to accept this award I have to do the following:-
1. Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog.
2. Tell seven facts about yourself.
3. Nominate seven worthy people for the award and let them know.
Seven Facts About Me
1. I have an irrational fear which means I can’t sleep without a duvet. I can’t settle for the thought that something bad will happen. Unfortunately this means even in the sweltering heat I have to sleep under a duvet. Not great news for my Other Half!
2. I love making lists. I consider it to be something of a ‘talent’ (read obsession!) and currently have four notebooks on the go for various list making purposes.
3. I love notebooks! Partly it facilities fact number 2 but also, I just love pretty things and particularly pretty stationary.
4. I passed my driving test when I was 8 months pregnant on a residential course in Blackpool. I don’t think I deserved to pass and I know I messed up my two manouevres but I think the examiner was so concerned that I might go into labour at any moment that she let me off! The first thing she asked me when we got into the car was whether I knew where the local hospital was.
5. I’m a big Disney fan and I walked down the aisle to the instrumental version of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” from the Lion King.
6. I’d love to travel. My dream holiday would be to visit Machu Picchu in Peru.
7. I feel very strongly about adoption. I believe that more people should adopt children from the UK and we hope to adopt when our own children are a bit older.
People I nominate for this award (not in any order!!):
1. Emily at FamilyFourFun – this is a new blog I’ve recently discovered but I’ve enjoyed reading her posts so much and look forward to reading more!
2. Kylie at Not Even a Bag of Sugar – Kylie’s was the first blog I ever read and was really the one that started me thinking perhaps it was something I could do. I think she’s a fantastic writer and inspiration and I love reading her blog daily!
3. Sarah at ThisismeSarahmumof3 – Sarah takes some fantastic photos, I wish I had her talent!
4. Emma at The Mini Mes and Me – again, a fairly new blog I’ve found. I love the style of Emma’s blog and enjoy seeing how much she’s achieved already when she hasn’t been blogging for much longer than me.
5. Michelle at Mummy From The Heart – one of the first blogs I read after starting Catch a Single Thought…it was Michelle’s ONE blog post that made me realise there was so much more to the blogging community!
6. Dara at Mum Of All Trades – if it’s possible to have blog envy then I have it for this one! Such a clever and creative blog. Come and live in my house please?!?!
7. Hannah at Cupcake Mumma – another blog I’ve recently discovered. I love reading Hannah’s post, not least because we seem quite similar!
I hope you all don’t mind being nominated 🙂