I know, you know, that Meg starting school this September was a BIG DEAL. I’ve probably mentioned it more times than people care to know but one of the things that made me really excited was the discovery of Bento packed lunches.
One of our new endeavours was to try out turkey pinwheels. I’d not even heard of pinwheels before researching bento lunches, but this is our take on it:
Sweet chilli sauce
Soft cream cheese
– Mix the sweet chilli sauce and cream cheese together. Our sweet chilli sauce had a slight kick to it so we did this to taste.
– Spread the sweet chilli cheese mixture onto the tortilla wrap, leaving about 1 inch around the edge.
– Finely chop the spring onion and sprinkle onto the wrap.
– Place a lettuce leaf on top and wrap the tortilla.
– Wrap clingfilm or foil around the wrap tightly and place in the fridge for a minimum of one hour (I made this the night before so did the next step the following morning)
Hopefully when you remove the foil the wrap will stay in place, allowing you to cut it into several pieces, creating the pinwheels!
Additionally in this lunch I offered strawberry yoghurt sprinkled with granola and strawberry bits, chopped cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
My Other Half also had this for his lunch and although dubious about the mixture he said it tasted really nice! Meg didn’t offer much by way of critique but she ate it all which is a good sign.