Get Good Summer 2014: Week Two

Week two already!  I am busy counting down the days until the end of the school term at the moment, although with Meg’s report due on Friday part of me actually wants to halt time.  I don’t want to look!

As I said in my last update, I can’t start three out of the five goals until the summer holidays so here is my update on the only two I can currently have a go at:-

Read 10 books
I have surprised even myself with this one; last week I managed to read two books.  The second of the books, Half a Kind by Joe Abercrombie was so un-put-downable (is that a word?!) that I had it glued to my face for an entire day.

Have one interesting date night a week
We managed this one as well, with my Other Half’s work offering us tickets to an open air concert with Katherine Jenkins.  I have to admit, it’s not the kind of thing we would usually go for but as this particular goal is all about embracing the different then it suited us very well.

It was also our very first open air concert and whilst we felt a little bit strange getting nicely dressed up with our picnic hamper and camping chairs, tramping across a muddy field, it was actually a very nice evening.  If a little chilly by the end; I kind of gave up on my glamorous look and ended up rocking the granny vibe instead!

Salad in a tupperware container.  How cool are we?!

Have you made any goals this summer?  Head over to Clarina’s Contemplations to see the original linky.

1. Rebecca U
    July 10, 2014 / 10:25 am

That looks like such a brilliant date night (and the perfect weather for it) #getgoodsummer

2. Karen Bell
    July 10, 2014 / 3:02 pm

That open air concert looks great, and the weather looks perfect.

3. Louise Fairweather
    July 10, 2014 / 6:45 pm

I live off salads in tupperwares at the moment! x

4. Mummy Tries
    July 10, 2014 / 7:07 pm

Well done for reading a book in a day! Concert looks fab, don't knock tupperware containers, they are a godsend 😉 #getgoodsummer

5. Caroline Elliott
    July 12, 2014 / 11:45 am

Sounds like you're reading goal is going to be no problem so far! Sounds like a good read, loving the sound of the date night too, well done you 🙂 xx

6. Mummy on a Budget
    July 12, 2014 / 8:46 pm

Going to put the book on my list. I wandered aimlessly around the library the other day trying to choose and ended up with books from authors I know. Really want to try some new authors.
    The open air concert looked like it was a really nice 'date' night. Always good to do something a bit out of the norm. Very civilized picnic!

7. Clarina85
    July 16, 2014 / 11:36 pm

SO impressed with your reading speed Jess… You are putting the rest of us to shame! Concert looks like good fun too! Thanks for linking up to #GetGoodSummer