N is for…

We visited the World Museum in Liverpool last weekend and one of our particular favourite sections was the Bug House.  I have mentioned in other posts about how much Meg and Eli love mini beasts so you can imagine their delight.  I steered away from most of the creepy crawlies but did enjoy watching the leaf-cutter ants.

They are the strongest animal (for their size) in the world and it was utterly fascinating to watch these teeny ants carry parts of a leaf often four times the size of them up the rope on their back.

I took a lot of photos trying to capture them; they move so blinking fast and the lighting was quite grim making it tricky but I hope you can get the idea from this shot.

I am joining in with the Alphabet Photography Project which is being hosted over on PODcast

1. August 13, 2014 / 7:15 am

We love that Museum, the bug house was closed when we went so a return visit might just be in order! Leaf cutter ants are amazing the weight they carry is unbelievable I could sit and watch them for hours.

2. August 13, 2014 / 10:19 am

They are fascinating. Look at the size of the leaf and carrying it vertically up. I love mini-beasts. I can spend hours photographing them. #AlphabetPhoto

3. August 13, 2014 / 3:50 pm

We chose nature too 🙂 Love the photo..it's amazing how much they can carry being so small!! x

4. Sara (@mumturnedmom)
    August 14, 2014 / 3:54 pm

Nature is a great N word 🙂 Leaf cutter ants are quite amazing aren't they? That's a great shot of it climbing x #alphabetphoto

5. August 14, 2014 / 4:18 pm

It sounds like bugs really have been the theme for your summer! Which is awesome, I'll bet the children have learned loads!

6. Elizabeth
    August 15, 2014 / 9:35 am

A beautiful capture! Love bugs 🙂

7. Craig Knowles-Smith
    August 16, 2014 / 7:19 am

To be fair that is a great pic its so clear to see what ur description of them looks like #alphabetproject