P is for…

Jess McGlynnAugust 27, 2014

Piglet

This little piggy was keeping us all very entertained on our recent trip to Folly Farm.  I’m not sure what he thought he would find inside the sow’s ear but he was very determined to get in there.

I also love his colouring.  I know next to nothing about pigs so I’m not sure if this is typical of a certain breed but I haven’t ever seen colouring like this before and none of the other piglets had quite the same adorable spots that this one did.  Hence why I snapped him, although I may possibly have gone overboard with this given the amount of grumbling my husband did when he was looking back through the photos later!

I am taking part in the Alphabet Photography Project which is being hosted by Charly over at PODcast.  Head over there to see more photos on the letter P.

Comments

• Kriss MacDonald

August 27, 2014 at 20:15

There's just something about piglets that are so adorable – lovely capture with mum! #alphabetphoto

• Cheryl

August 28, 2014 at 22:11

Those markings are great. Trying to make out what the ones on his rear look like. He looks like a Sandy Oxford. #AlphabetPhoto

• sustainablemum

August 29, 2014 at 09:04

They are probably an old breed that you don't see much of these days 🙁 They are lovely, if I had the room I would love to keep a pig!

• Merlinda Little

August 29, 2014 at 09:04

Awww sweet moments too! Yes he is so adorbs! #alphabetphoto

• over40andamumtoone

August 30, 2014 at 09:16

He is lovely, I have a real thing for piglets, snapped loads of photos of them last week at Cotswold Farm Park, especially of the runt. Beyond cute #Alphabetphoto

• Charly Dove

August 30, 2014 at 21:34

I love these piglets, they're just awesome! What fabulous colouring – only seen the pink ones before, these are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with #alphabetphoto (sorry I've been a bit slow!). Hope you're doing alright lovely and you had a good time in Pembrokeshire. I used to go there as a child, wonderful part of the world x

• Sara (@mumturnedmom)

September 2, 2014 at 23:28

That is adorable! And, what beautiful markings x
    Apologies for late comment, busy week, but catching up now! #alphabetphoto