Here we go, broken record time again…how, how, how, is it the end of October already? I seriously feel like I have blinked and the whole of autumn has just passed by in a whirl. I know that mostly it’s because we have been looking forward towards half term and our moving date and we have been busy and preoccupied with planning and packing but still the weeks do just seem to be passing by in a blur.
I think once we have moved I am going to take some time out, slow down and just savour and appreciate the days. That’s my aim anyway!
In fact, today is moving day so I am scheduling this ahead of time as I will be busy directing and unpacking and hopefully successfully and smoothly moving into our new home.
So, for October, we have loved:-
* The autumn weather and days spent out admiring the bright, beautiful colours and the excuse to crunch through falling leaves.
* Planning out new rooms in our new house.
* A weekend away in Birmingham for me and James and a sleepover at the Grandparents for Meg and Eli.
* Picking our own pumpkins.
* The start of the Apprentice.
I was very organised with our photos this week and had thought ahead to the fact that we would be packing manically this last week. I was right, typically, so it’s a good job we sorted it as I have absolutely no idea which box I packed my camera in and I’ve already had to unpack so many boxes to find kitchen implements and notepads containing vital pieces of information. Major oops!
But here’s to October and autumn and all things orange and cosy and comforting. My favourite time of the year.