Siblings {June}

I think I need to have a word with Old Mister Time and tell him, kindly, to slow down.  I was writing something in my diary a few days ago and I realised that it’s only 5 weeks until the summer holidays.  Which is no time at all!

We went back to school on Monday this week after a glorious 2 weeks off and although I needed them both back and out from under my feet {the joy of being freelance means the work just piles up} the house has been so much quieter with them gone.  The weather was our best friend this break and both Meg and Eli spent every spare second they could outside soaking it up.

It was probably the first school holiday in a while where we haven’t had to resort to snuggling under blankets and watching films, trying to deal with fractious children who haven’t had enough fresh air and so on.  They had so much space to roam and they could choose to either be with each other or not; plus we enjoyed some great days out as well.

I thought that I had begun to see the gap widening a little between the two of them over the last month or so, with Meg becoming a bit more ‘grown up’ and Eli trailing behind a little but that doesn’t actually seem to be the case.  Eli has taken a huge leap in the last few months, he has come on so far with his school work and closed the gap all over again.

It might help that they have also found a new joint passion for Lego and if they aren’t outside then they are usually closeted away in someone’s room making and creating all kinds of wonderful items.

Something like Lego does tend to bring out the differences in their personalities though; Meg likes to follow instructions and have everything just right whereas Eli just wants a something.  He will take a few bricks, stick them together and tell you its a spaceship and a spaceship it is.  Meg can’t handle that and will spend hours crafting her perfect model.  It’s a good lesson in patience and embracing differences {or so I keep telling them!}

And that really has been our month.  Certainly more laid back than May, with some sunshine and outdoor play, Lego building and lots of sibling loving taking place.  Couldn’t really ask for better!

The Me and Mine Project
Share:

1. Whitney | Afro Mermaid
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Lovely picture! Aren't they adorable. I can't believe how fast summer has come around.

2. Sonia
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Adorable pictures, they look like they love each other very much x

3. Kara
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Very envious of your two weeks off. They are very photogenic and glad you have managed to get out and about

4. June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Oh the joy of two weeks off rather than one. I love that first photo of the two of them together. My boys are either best of friends or they hate each other.

5. Cariemay
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Oh what gorgeous pictures of the pair of them! It sounds like it was the perfect sort of half term, and lovely that it comes at a time when they're so close

6. Niki
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Gorgeous photos! Time really does go by too quickly, I can't believe it's nearly summer holidays, and then September seems just around the corner!

7. Sarah Ebner
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Absolutely love these pictures – very, very special. And glad you could enjoy the outdoors too!

8. June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Aww – hugs with your brother / sister – how lovely! These are beautiful photos for you to treasure.

9. Coombe Mill (Fiona)
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

It's funny how they grow apart a little and then back together again as each develops at a different rate. I see the same pattern with my children. The biggest change comes when the eldest moves schools. It feels like a gulf opens up but it does close again in time. Lovely photos from your outdoor half term week, like you we had the good weather then too. Do join me for Country Kids.

10. Anne
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Beautiful photos, it's always good to get out and about in the sunshine. It's wonderful when your children are able to have fun together. We have lots of arguments over the lego in our house.

11. angela
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

What beautiful photographs, nice to see the good weather was around for you

12. Erica Price
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Such lovely photos of the pair of them together in the woods.

13. June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

The sunshine really was glorious over the half term wasn't it – I'm not naive enough to think we will get a summer holiday like that but if we can get enough days here and there to prevent cabin fever I'll be happy!
    LEGO is a more solitary activity in our house which my boy tends to retreat to when he's had enough of his sisters 😉

14. Beautyqueenuk
    June 20, 2016 / 8:23 am

Aw what beautiful photos, especially the one of them hugging each other <3 x

15. Oana79
    July 14, 2016 / 5:36 pm

It is lovely to read blog posts like this one! Your kids are beautiful, you should be very proud.xx

16. Carolynne @ Mummy Endeavours
    July 14, 2016 / 5:36 pm

Aww it's horrible that time passes so fast and we see our children growing up in such a short time. Not fair. got to make the absolute most of it. Lovely photo's x